Quantcast

General Chat :  Swim-City.com - Discussion Forum

swimming quotes
Posted by: leanna ()
Date: January 20, 2005 09:28PM

hey guys..i love swimming quotes n stuff like that to put in my profile & away messages on aol..but i've taken like all the quotes that have been posted in the quotes section on swim-city and i cant find anymore..if you think you might have a quote that i dont have, could you please post it either here or on the quotes? thanks :-D

Once you are on the block, nothing but the race matters.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: swimming quotes
Posted by: harrypotter ()
Date: July 27, 2007 05:12PM

idk if these r already in the other quote topic but here are a few that i think have not been menitoned:

Swimming - The most grueling yet most rewarding sport!

Swim Meet

Early morning wake up call
Squeeze into suit that's way too small
Drive for hours to the pool
Dive in the water, don't we look cool?
Warm ups over, must stretch out
Someone's up, ready to shout?
You're up next, clear your mind
What it's all about you must find
On the blocks ready to dive in
This event you must win
Pull, pull, pull, kick, kick, kick
The easy road you musn't pick
You're in the lead, don't look now
You just touched first, holy cow!
You tried your hardest, it was fun
Can you believe it? You just won

Take me out to the swim meet
take me out to the crowd
buy me some goggles and Gatorade
I don’t care if I never get back
and its route, route, route for the home team if they don’t win its a shame for its one... two...DQ's your out at the Old swim meet!"

You know you're a swimmer if...
~Packing for vacation includes a trip to the locker room
~You have never experienced what they call an off season
~When coach has practice at 7am you are excited cause u get to sleep in
~You have permanent raccoon eyes
~You consider it perfectly normal to wear swim suits with holes in them
~You go through the economy size bottle of shampoo and conditioner weekly
~Your leg hair is long enough to measure
~People walk up to you in random places and say "We smelled chlorine and so we thought the pool was around here somewhere." You reply, NO thats just my new perfume
~TAPER - -A godsend
~Vacation is hell on earth
~You live on a diet of Gatorade and Sweedish Fish
~Guys in Speedos just loose their attractiveness "
In Swimming, you don't get what you wish for; you get what you WORK for!

Be a leader. Remember that the lead sled dog is the only one with a decent view.

Swimmers ... Push Back The Pain To Find The Glory

The fastest path to the top is through the most difficult terrain. The fastest way to excel in swimming is to make the tough event the event you swim the best.

Swimming. It's the feeling you get at the end of a hard practice when you pushed yourself to the limit; the way the water feels when you get back in after a few months off. It's a part of your identity, something you love and something you hate. A bond that's okay because every time you are up on the blocks it isn't just you; it's all the friends and coaches over the years, all the practices, all the laughter, all the "off" races, all the lifetime bests, and all the road trips. As individual as it may seem, swimming is really a team sport, and even still, it's more than just a sport. It's a way of life!

When I finish a race, and look over at the second place finisher, next to me, I can sometimes hear their excuses.

~"Shouldn’t have worked so hard yesterday..."
~" I hurt my leg a few days ago..."
~" I'm coming off of a cold..."
~" Next time I wont swim the medley relay first..."

I hear all of them talk, and all I think is, when nature looked at me in the eyes and said, 'take a breath or die' I gave nature the finger and finished without her. you couldn’t, so you lose. breathing, who needs breathing in a 50 free anyway...

You know you're a swimmer if when a mosquito tries to sting you and it dies of chorine poisoning first

"To swim fast, you need to swim fast"
Obviously said by a coach.......

Excuses used by other sports:
-its raining
-the fields too muddy
-we have to wax the floors
-its too hot
-its too cold
-ripped my uniform
-ect.
That’s what’s great about swimming you can always find a way around the problems no matter what...this is what happens to us if there's a change
-holiday; doubles
-rain who cares
-if the pools closed we do dry land
-if its too hot take a cold shower
-if its too cold take a hot shower
-if you rip your suit, good more drag
Put on the suit, slip on the cap, step in the water and begin your first lap
Flip turn here, hold your breath there
Up goes the sets and with big eyes we stare
From start to finish we swim our best and through the hard times we still make the rest
Through the pain and the tears we push it to the limit and hear our coach say, "Suck it up and just swim it!" So that we do and work even harder and look back in the end and know exactly what got us farther
It was our time, patience, perseverance too.
But the determination of the mind and body is what really got us through.

Excuses used by other sports:
-its raining
-the fields too muddy
-we have to wax the floors
-its too hot
-its too cold
-ripped my uniform
-ect.
That’s what’s great about swimming you can always find a way around the problems no matter what...this is what happens to us if there's a change
-holiday; doubles
-rain who cares
-if the pools closed we do dry land
-if its too hot take a cold shower
-if its too cold take a hot shower
-if you rip your suit, good more drag

Posted by: Hasel ()
Date: August 29, 2007 03:30PM

This is really interesting ,, i liked it .

Hasel
http://allendonald.wordpress.com/2007/05/05/hello-world/

Date: September 02, 2007 07:52PM

Yeahh. i love to look at quotes.

Posted by: harrypotter ()
Date: September 22, 2007 12:57PM

ANY ONE GOT MORE QUOTES??????????????

Posted by: fishy4feetz ()
Date: September 03, 2008 06:17PM

one a lot of my friends and i use for away messages while we're at practice is "busy singing songs in my head on the long sets and yelling at my lungs to shut up on the sprints..bbl" or just "AWAY: talking to myself and singing songs in my head to the beat of the water" things like that amuse us : )

also a good quotes are
"swimming - the sport where you go from point A to point A and bust your .. uhh .. butt to get there"
"I'll swim through walls for my coaches, I have the X-rays to prove it"
"My favorite smell? Sweat and chlorine"
"chlorine - the breakfast of wannabees, chlorinated sweat - the breakfast of champions"
"when you can't swim faster, give up; when you can't hold your breath any longer, breath; when your muscles cramp up, stop; when your too tired to go on, take a break; sorry you're not a swimmer."
"2 so the person behind me knows what place they're comming in" - Goldfish (Guardian)
"swim like no ones watching, then go talk to your coach"
"i swim for that little 5 year old girl who jumped in the water on her first day of practice and forgot to bring her heart back out with her afterwards"
"swimming:
no time outs
no replacements
no half time
no injurie stops
no red flags
no over time
IT'S NOW OR NEVER"
"i swim in it i don't walk on it"
"iplayswimming"
"it's MY time"
"life without swimming? am i in hell?"
"swimmer's paradise, taking your cap off after a hard practice and going under"
"failure's not an option"
"i've swam with a broken foot, fractured spine, asthma, broken fingers from the lane lines, concussions from flip turns, after i passed out and fell from the block, while i had mono, while you sat on the side line of your football game with a sprained ankle..who's the wimp now?" -- well that one's personal experience..but it's a team joke.
yupp, most of those are really stupid, but we enjoy them, hope some help..

Posted by: Premier ()
Date: December 08, 2008 10:22PM

hello sharks.
I love the quotes. Most of them.
Can anyone tell me ==what==is==IM?!

Posted by: fishy4feetz ()
Date: December 15, 2008 07:31PM

umm IM is individual medley..
fly, back, breast, free in equal increments..
i.e. a 100 IM is a 25 of every stroke
200 IM, 50's
400 IM, 100's

Posted by: mazin matt ()
Date: December 24, 2008 11:33PM

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.

this list took me ages but there good !!! lol

� Swimmers...we are just of a different kind...we drink (water), we smoke (our opponents), we get high (on chlorine)...so just live with it! 3/4 of the Earth is water, but I only need one lane to kick your butt!!
� "You can only do your best if you believe you can do your best"
� "�you could have asked me four years ago if I would have been in this position and I would have had no idea. This has all taken me by surprise. This is something I've worked for. Phelps

�"There is nothing like the smell of chlorine in the morning, and nothing like the smell of victory in the evening."

�"Success comes with the determination to get up the morning after the hardest practice of your life--and do it all over again!"

�"it�s funny how the longer you train, the shorter the race will be"

�it�s impossible to win a race if you are thinking about all the possible ways to lose

�See the person next to you?
They're gonna lose

�You know that you are a swimmer when you don't recognize the people on your team when they are wearing clothes

�They never said it would be easy they said it would be worth it .

�"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can�t" Ian Thorpe

�"I become a happier man each time I suffer
-Lance Armstrong"

�If you have a lane, you have a chance.

�There is no victory in practice, but without practice there is no victory."
� ""It�s not who has the most talent or who is the fastest or who wins the race; it�s who wants it more!""
� "There is not a better feeling than getting up early 2 go 2 a hard practice than getting out knowing you did it!
� "Im known at school, as the boy who always has wet hair, smells of chlorine, and eats his breakfast during registration- but its part of me, its my identity and who i am- AND I LOVE IT!!"
� "you know your a swimmer when:
1. you have more shampoo and lotion in your locker than you do in your bathroom
2. you know that HOHO is not a cream filled pastry or an insult
3. your amazed that you havne't contracted athletes foot from the pool deck
4. you ditch an exotic vacation for winter break training
5. you dont make rude comments when someone says "breast stroke"
6. you have permenant indentations around your eyes from goggles
7. you enjoy the smell of chlorine
8. you have more suits than you do underwear
9. you can eat whatever you want and not gain a single pound
10. your fingers and toes no longer get pruney

no two swimmers are the same. everyone has a different event, a different stroke, different times. some sprint, some do distance. some are flyers, back or breast strokers and others are freestylers. their motivations, their goals, their starts and finishes are all different. theres only one thing they share; its the love for the sport.

a swimmer isnt measured by thier speed but by their will to succeed "
� Breathing is essential for life, but not for the 50 free."
� "To be successful you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can't just accept the ones you like.
� It's that one extra set that nobody wants to do at practice, that could make you get that first place you always want."
� There's enough water in the pool already. Quit crying, put your head down and SWIM."
� (*)"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can�t"(*)
� "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song"
� "But-ter-fly� .n. A swimming stroke requiring (in theory) super human strength and extraordinary coordination, but characterized (in actuality) by randomly placed arm movements and erratic breathing patterns. Performance of this stroke is usually accompanied by incessant yelling on the part of the coach, sheer hysteria on the part of the parent, and near drowning on the part of the swimmer."
�"In the end, swimming is not about what you achieve, it is about who you become.�

�Swimming may not be a religion, but it's the closest you can come to heaven.�

``Don't count the laps, make the laps count.�

�Life is like swimming: Sometimes you hit the wall and sometimes you make the right turns.�
��If you push beyond pain you truly no what it means to be a swimmer"

��Swimming is fun� and were gonna have a lot of fun today!�

��Shoot for the moon, but even if you miss you will land among the stars.�

�"Swimming is one of those sports that you just can't compare to any other. It�s not only that you work hard doing distance and sprints, it is that while you are on that team something happens. Something that not many people can describe. The team that you cry with, and the team that you cheer with suddenly becomes your family. You start to miss them on the weekends. Swimming becomes your life. You start to hate it when you don't smell like chlorine anymore, and you can't stand it when your swimsuits are still dry. Swimming does something to each person who does it.�
�"Somewhere behind the hours of practice, the coaches who've pushed you, and the swimmer you've become, there is the little girl who fell in love with the sport and never looked back. . . Swim for HER!!
�"Life evolved from water, we're just trying to get home"
�"Mess with the best and drown with the rest!"
�"I Swim therefore IM"
�"Life without goals is like a race without a finish line.�
�"The water is your friend.....you don't have to fight with it, just share the same spirit as the water, and it will help you move"
�"The height of your success is determined by the depth of your belief."
�"Swimming, the only sport where you can see water catch on fire.�
�"Swimming is the only sport where you can jump, hit the bottom and still be able to come back up."
�"Nike commercials say "Just Do It." Swimmers think differently we get in and do it right."
�"Compete to Complete."
Fast Stands for F: fun A: athletic S: smart T: team"
�"The great thing about backstroke is that you get to look it the direction you want to go, up!"
��Pain is weakness leaving the body.�
�"The three strongest words in the whole world are �Yes I Can�"
�"Pain is temporary, pride is forever."
��Sports serve society by providing vivid examples of excellence.�
�"The road to success is always under construction."
��Seven days without swimming makes one weak�
�"I lost 18 seconds on the swim fast plan.�
��There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.�
��Only actions speak louder than coaches.�
��Bad times have a value; these are the times a good learner would not miss.�
��Design a workout that even a fool can use and only a fool will use it.�
��There is no set level of best, it is ever changing.�
��The hardest thing about climbing the ladder of success is getting through the crowd at the bottom.�
� �When you are interested in something, you do it when it's convenient. When you are committed to something, you do it and accept no excuses.�
�"Swimming: From the outside looking in, you can't understand it,
from the inside looking out you can't explain it.�
��The only feeling better then getting in the pool before a hard practice is getting out and knowing you did it"
�"My friends always ask me if I get bored with swimming; I just answer don�t you get bored sitting on your butt all day?�
��Cheat on your boyfriend, not your workout!�
��Don�t try to beat the person, try to beat their time.�
��It's not the one with the most talent who will win the race, but the swimmer who wanted it at all those long heart breaking practices."
��Risk more than others think is safe, expect more than others think is wise, dream more than others think is practical, achieve more than others think is possible.�
�Talent is no accomplishment.�

Posted by: opeleroy ()
Date: July 07, 2010 10:36PM

Great posts.

My favorite quote is by Winston Churchill...

Never give in—never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
Sir Winston Churchill

Posted by: rachard1583 ()
Date: March 21, 2011 07:39AM

However, this is a very tricky part, and you would have to research a bit to know which products are the best, such as water purification systems, motors, etc., so as to know what is what.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2011 07:43AM by rachard1583.

Posted by: pantherswimmer ()
Date: October 29, 2011 11:21PM

I thought of this one a long time ago when it was my first year on the team and I saw some one on the other team choking on water.

"The water does not conquer you, you conquer the water."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Swim-City Discussion Forum is powered by Phorum.

© Copyright 1997 - 2011 Swim-City.com || advertising - terms of use & disclaimers - sitemap - contact us ||